The purpose of this application is to enable the current Recovering Hands (RH) Non-Profit Board to make appropriate choices of Board Members for service to RH the Recovering Hands Board, and the local recovery community. Applicants interested in serving as a board member should first read and understand the expectations and rules of Board Membership, read and understand the By-Laws as found on http://recoveringhands.com/bod-by-laws, and submit a completed application. Applicants may also submit references or letters of recommendation for consideration if they so choose.
- Support the Mission Statement of RH.
- Work as a part of a cohesive team with common goals.
- Share his/her skills and expertise.
- Dedicate time to RH and RH board meetings.
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the Board.
- Volunteer and assist in RH’s recovery programs and activities, including fundraising efforts.
- Participate actively in Board meetings, actions, fundraisers and public events.
- Have no more than three (3) consecutive unexcused absences from board meetings and/or activities.
- Represent all those whom this organization serves and not a particular geographic area or interest group.
- Remain aware of the activities that are planned and make yourself available to participate.
- Declare conflicts of interest as it pertains to your position on the Board and abstain from voting when appropriate.
- Do your best to ensure that Recovering Hands is well-maintained, financially secure, growing and always operating in the best interest of the residents.
- There will be no criticizing of fellow Board members or their opinions in or out of the Board meetings.
- There will be no use of the organization for personal advantage or that of friends or relatives.
- There will be no discussion of the confidential proceedings of the Board outside the Board room.